Thinning hair seems to be a common concern today. It isn’t limited to age anymore. Adolescents as young as 15 years complain of thinning hair. In such a scenario, it becomes imperative to find some remedies for the problem that is clearly faced by thousands. That is what we shall be doing in the following article.
Home Remedies for Hair Loss and Thinning
Here are some great tips for those who want to give chemical products a miss and go in for natural remedies that which focus on using herbs for hair care.
Amla (Indian Goose Berry)
Amla is considered to be a great herb for overall hair growth and maintenance. Use it in the following way.
- Take dry pieces of amla and boil them in either castor or coconut oil (good for hair) for 20 minutes. Let it cool and then store. Use this mixture and massage into hair at least once a week.
- Take amla powder and mix it with an egg. Then apply this to the hair and let sit for 30 minutes. Then wash it off.
Aloe Vera is a natural stimulant for hair. Not only does it nourish hair but stimulates hair growth as well.
- To use, simply cut off a part of the leaf and massage the sticky aloe vera juice into your hair and scalp. Then leave on for 30 minutes and wash off. Doing this over a period of 2-3 months will leave your hair shiny, thick and glossy.
- Alternately, one can mix aloe vera in coconut oil and massage the scalp as well.
Certain oils are supposed to be very beneficial for promoting hair growth and in preventing hair loss.
- Make a mixture of equal amounts of coconut and castor oil and heat it. When the oil is warm enough, take that and massage into scalp and hair. Leave on for an hour. Then take a towel, dip it in hot water and cover your head. Repeat this 4-5 times, till the water loses its heat. Then wash off.
- Make a mixture of hot olive and almond oil and massage into hair and scalp. Repeat the same process with the steaming as mentioned above.
Use yogurt in combination with henna powder or eggs and apply to scalp. It is the best natural source known for conditioning hair.
Use the lemon juice and mix it with amla (Indian gooseberry) or the root of a banyan tree (powdered). Use daily to wash hair.
Remedies for Thinning Hair
Other than these tips that are mentioned above, you can use the ones mentioned below as hair loss solutions.
- Wash your hair not more than twice a week. But if your hair is very oily and you need to wash it more often, wash it with a very mild shampoo.
- Do not wash your hair with very hot water, it will damage your hair. Cold water is ideal for hair health. But one can use warm water as an alternative.
- Go in for a head massage once in every 15 days. A professional will be able to reach all those spots that you can’t.
- Rub finger nails of both hands against each other. These are said to have nerve endings that promote growth of hair.
- Do not use too many hair products or go in for extensive hair treatments like straightening, perming and coloring. It will ruin the quality of your hair.
- Always cover your hair when going out in the harsh sun. The sun will extract the moisture from the hair and make it dry. A solution for this is to wet the tips of the hair with plain water before going out. The sun will dry the already present moisture instead of attacking the natural hair moisture.
- It is important to massage the scalp before or after a bath. This improves blood circulation and promotes hair growth.
- Use a pack of fuller’s earth on your hair.
- Drink at least a liter of spinach and lettuce juice mixture everyday for great hair.
- Do not comb your hair when it is wet. At this time, the hair is highly elastic and tends to break off.
- Check if there is any disease affecting you – like hormonal imbalance. Knowing the cause will help you treat it better.
- Correct your lifestyle – start eating a balanced meal and sleeping on time. This will help to improve the quality of your hair.
- Mix a packet of birth control pills in your shampoo and continue to use as normal. You’ll see fuller hair after a period of time.
Now that you know what the different thinning hair remedies are, use them, forget your hair problems and get set to flaunt thick, smooth and shiny hair. All the best!