Fall has arrived and it’s time to pay a little extra attention to your skin and skincare routine. Those with sensitive skin must pay extra attention to the change in temperatures and adjust skincare routines accordingly. This oftentimes includes adding a few extra steps and products to the routine, helping to ensure skin stays healthy. We’ve compiled some helpful tips below on how to care for your sensitive skin this fall season.
1. Read labels and choose products carefully. Consider avoiding products that contain fragrances, soaps and alcohol as these can irritate sensitive skin.
2. Avoid high temperatures. Hot dry air in your home and workplace can be harsh for your skin. Avoid cranking up the heat and stick to warm (not hot) baths and showers. Consider investing in a humidifier to keep the air comfortable.
3. Try a facial scrub. Remove dry skin with a gentle facial scrub and follow-up with moisturizer.
4. Eat a well-balanced diet. Load up on fruits and vegetables and consider speaking to your doctor about supplements like Vitamin C and multivitamins.
5. Wear sunscreen. Just because winter is around the corner, it doesn’t mean you give up skin protection.