No one is ever happy with their heights. Every one wishes that they were a bit taller than what they are presently. This is probably because being taller makes you feel physically more intimidating and superior. It is also a great confidence-booster in men. And not only men, but taller women are considered to be more sexually attractive than shorter women.
Stretching techniques are based on quite a simple assumption. It is said that your height increases when you put the required amount of pressure on your joints and bones. Hence, if you put the required amount of pressure on them, they will grow, thus making you taller. One more thing to keep in mind is that not everyone can grow as tall as they like. Your height and overall physical built depends largely upon your genetics. Stretching exercises take you so far as your genes allow. After all, not everyone can be a Yao Ming!
» Limb Stretching Exercises
Limb stretching exercises or limb lengthening exercises are also one of the best exercises to grow taller. Before you begin your workout, or as soon as you wake up, make it a point that you stretch your limbs everyday. Stretch the calves, thighs, hamstrings, back, chest, and hands.
» Body Stretching Exercises
- One of the best known exercises for growing taller is hanging.
- You can either simply hang on a bar, or you could go on the playground where you will find those monkey bars, on which you could complete the whole set.
- If you don’t want to do the monkey bars, then you can simply hang on the bar for around 30 – 40 seconds.
- While you are hanging, you could also try twisting your body from side to side.
- Twist your body to the left, and hold for 15 seconds.
- Then twist it to the right and hold for another 15 seconds.
» Yoga Exercises
- The ancient Indian science of Yoga gives you some of the best secrets for growing taller.
- There are two very important yoga exercises you can try, for growing taller.
- The first one is known as the Tadasana.
- In this Yoga pose, you have to stand with your back facing the wall.
- Then you lift up the heel of the feet as high as you can.
- Next, stretch your hands up as high as you can, and ensure that your full body is stretched to its limit.
- Hold this position for about 10 – 20 seconds and back down.
- You can repeat this exercise 10 times.
- The second position is the Suryanamaskar (in image).
- This exercise is a small variation of the normal push-up.
- You first position yourself in the standard push-up position.
- But instead of going up and down, you do a curving crescent motion.
- Curve your body down towards the ground from the star position, and then lift yourself up in a curving motion again.
- Make sure that you stretch your body throughout the motion.
- Do this exercise in 2 sets of 8 – 10 repetitions.
- When you ride a bike, you could lift the seat up ½ – 1 inch higher than what is comfortable for you.
- This will make you stretch your limbs when you pedal.
- This exercise is better tried on an exercise bike, as the chances of accidents are lower.
- Kicking, jumping, skipping, and swimming are also very good stretching techniques, which put the required amount of pressure on the limbs, so that they can grow.
- You will be surprised, but sleeping may also help you become taller.
- This is because your back relaxes, and expands when you sleep.
These exercises also have to be supplemented with a good diet, which is rich in proteins and calcium, which acts as a fuel for your growth.