Is your thinning crown giving you sleepless nights? Well, that’s the last thing you should do, as sleep deprivation can make you lose even more hair. You sure must have tried everything to impede your receding hairline. Alas, loads of products and chemical treatments did nothing to prevent your hair loss, but only burnt holes in your pocket! Perhaps, it’s time you ditch those chemical products and go for absolute natural hair loss solutions.
Before you wash your hair, it is imperative to massage your scalp with some oil. Coconut oil or olive oil are good for regular use, however, if you have excessive hair loss, you should perhaps try amla (Indian gooseberry) or castor oil. Not only do these prevent the damage, but they also promote healthy growth.
Medicinal herbs always score very high when it comes to natural remedies. Saw palmetto, a herb essentially used in the treatment of enlarged prostate gland, also works great. It inhibits the production of DHT (a metabolite of testosterone), which is a major contributing factor for hair fall. Chamomile and rosemary are other herbs that are beneficial. Aloe vera and hibiscus are also used on a large scale in the treatment.
Apart from massaging your scalp prior to washing your hair, you should also massage it every night. You can use a wide-toothed comb and brush your hair back, forth, and sideways. This increases the blood circulation in the scalp region, which eventually stops hair loss. You can also use your fingertips to massage your scalp gently. You can also seek professional help once a while for better results.
Your hair reflects what you eat, therefore, it is important to eat the right foods. After all, your hair receives its nutrition from your diet. Foods rich in vitamin A and E are particularly helpful to stop hair loss and regrow it. Being made up of a protein named keratin, eating protein rich foods also inhibits hair loss and promotes growth.
Exercises help to get rid of toxins out of your body and also facilitate better blood circulation. Apart from this, there are other simple exercises which are particularly aimed at promoting hair growth. One such exercise is rubbing your fingernails against each other. Yes, I know it sounds insane, but it does work well.
Home Remedies for Hair Loss
- Soak some fenugreek seeds before going to bed and grind them into paste the next morning. Mix 2 tsp. of yogurt in this paste and apply it on your scalp. Wash it off after an hour.
- Instead of harsh shampoos, use natural apple cider vinegar. It also works as a good conditioner.
- Do not wash your hair with hot water, as it strips off its moisture. Use lukewarm water and a mild shampoo instead.
- Beat one egg and add 2 tsp. milk powder to it. Add a few drops of wheat germ oil, and use this mixture to massage your scalp. Rinse it off after half an hour.
- Stress is the major cause of hair loss. Thus, try to make yourself as stress free as possible.
It is possible to stop the damage naturally, however, do not expect results overnight. Natural remedies take some time before they take full effect. Hence, religiously use these tactics for at least a few months so that you get better and lasting results.