- Calendula tea is widely used for treating bowel problems, like stomach ulcers, heartburn, acid reflux, indigestion, stomach upset, and gastritis.
- It is believed that calendula can protect the lining of the gastrointestinal tract. Calendula tea is also claimed to have detoxifying properties, and is also used for regulating menstrual cycles.
- Gargling with this herbal tea is said to be good for relief from sore throat and inflammation of the mouth.
- It is also beneficial for conjunctivitis or pink eye, as cool calendula tea is used to rinse the eyes.
- It is claimed that this herb can fight infections, arrest bleeding, help in collagen production, and soothe skin. So it is used to treat burns, cuts, wounds, bruises, etc.
- It is also used for relief from pain and inflammation caused by bee and wasp stings.
- Calendula tea is used for treating fever and common cold too.
Even though calendula is believed to be one of the safest herbs, it may cause allergic reactions in people, who have ragweed or pollen allergy. It should be avoided by pregnant and nursing women. If you want to use calendula tea for treating health problems, consult a qualified herbal practitioner and follow his instructions.